House Special Fried Rice is the BEST fried rice recipe!! The perfect one-pot dish– made with a combo of frozen brown rice and cauliflower rice and loaded with chicken, shrimp, steak, and eggs for mega protein.
Fried rice is one of my favorite foods! I love it so much and crave it frequently. If we order it at a Chinese restaurant, we usually get the house special fried rice made with beef, shrimp, pork and chicken. There’s never enough protein and vegetables to make it a main dish, so I set out to make it myself with a healthier twist. This has 35 grams of protein per serving, plus the cauliflower adds a healthy dose of veggies. For more of my favorite fried rice recipes, try my Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice, Low-Carb Cauliflower Fried Rice, or Vegetarian Asian Edamame Fried Rice.
FRIED RICE INGREDIENTS:
My version uses frozen brown rice (I love Trader Joe’s), which is so convenient and even sneaks in some cauliflower rice for added veggies that no one can pick out. And good news – my cauliflower-adverse husband never realized. It’s also loaded with shrimp, steak, and chicken, plus egg for protein.
- Cooked rice, such as brown or white.
- Any vegetables you have in your fridge, such as riced cauliflower, peas, carrots, etc.
- Add protein, here I used a combo of shrimp, steak, chicken and eggs. Switch it up and use salmon, or keep it vegetarian with tofu and edamame.
- Add aromatics such as garlic, scallions, or onions and ginger.
- Spice it up with Sriracha.
FRIED RICE SAUCE:
To make a simple yet flavorful sauce for fried rice, this is my go-to:
- soy sauce
- rice vinegar
- sesame oil
- serve the rice with sriracha if you prefer it spicy
- If you don’t have frozen rice, you can cook your own. Thoroughly refrigerate it before making the fried rice – cold rice fries better than warm rice. White or black rice will work here too.
- Use tamari instead of soy sauce to make the fried rice gluten-free.
- If you don’t want to use all three proteins, skip one and double up on another.
- Add in some frozen peas for an extra veggie.
- Make it vegetarian by omitting the meat and swapping in tofu and edamame.
- Make it low-carb by swapping the rice for veggie rice.
MORE FRIED RICE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
- Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice
- Brown Fried Rice
- Quinoa Fried Rice
- Thai Chicken Fried Rice
- Cauliflower Fried Rice with Leftover Ham